Learning is....
Planting a seed in our brain... learning to water, nurture and grow it.... so we can live on the fruit of our learning and plant more seeds.

Thursday 3 November 2016

Cartooning about diabolical animals

The joy of being a reliever is the creativity you have the freedom to allow students when you have the opportunity to decide the day's programme.  As a classroom teacher, I always tried to leave a space in the day for the reliever to leave their mark on my class, and I really appreciate the opportunity when classroom teachers I relieve for do the same for me as a reliever. 
 
Last week I was with the class I did the original Matariki pictures with in term two of this year.  Felicity left me the afternoon slot.  We started by reading the picture book The Diabolical Mr Tiddles which is a delightful book about a cat who is a cat burglar, which I picked up in a Two for $10 deal at The Warehouse.
 


We got talking about the crazy things animals do.  And I challenged the children to create their own cartoon strip with a diabolical animal character at the centre.  They needed to have a minimum six boxes to tell the story of the character.
 
Below are the creations we worked on last week.  I will be back in the same class next week, and Felicity is looking after our creations so we can continue where we left off.
 























I am really looking forward to being back in Felicity's room next week to continue this with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment